This is our “Government listed Insurances (FY 2019-2020)” series where we provide details of different policies and their “add-on” policies as is listed on the IRDAI (Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India) websites. Insurance companies are required to list their products on as approved by the IRDAI, you can of course reach out to the company to get more details. We aim to provide you with the version that is listed on the government regulatory website (no information here is taken from the insurance company website). The following are the car insurance (main product and add-ons) from Bharti AXA General Insurance Company.
Name of the Policy: Smart drive private car stand-alone own damage insurance
This primary insurance policy is designed to provide protection from loss or damage to the private car of the person who buys the insurance for the conditions listed below.
Scope of Cover:
LOSS OF OR DAMAGE TO THE VEHICLE INSURED: The Company will indemnify the Insured against loss or damage to the vehicle Insured here under and / or its accessories whilst thereon.
1. By fire explosion self-ignition or lightning;
2. By burglary housebreaking or theft;
3. By riot and strike;
4. By earthquake (fire and shock damage);
5. By flood typhoon hurricane storm tempest inundation cyclone hailstorm frost;
6. By accidental external means;
7. By malicious act;
8. By terrorist activity;
9. Whilst in transit by road rail inland-waterway lift elevator or air;
10. By landslide rockslide.
For detail and policy wording as listed in IRDAI check here
In case you are looking for additional protection for your car, in addition to the primary policy.
Add- on to this are available for
- Depreciation Cover check here
- Key Replacement cover check here
- Engine and Gear Box Protection check here
- Towing Charges check here
- Rodent Bite cover check here
- Outstanding Loan Cover check here
- Consumables Cover check here
- Hydrostatic Lock Cover check here
- NCB Protection-One Slab Down Cover check here
- NCB Protection-Same Slab Cover check here
- Invoice Price cover check here
- Ambulance Charges Cover check here
- Medical Expense Reimbursement check here
- Hospital Cash Cover check here
- Roadside Assistance check here