As restaurants open to the public, the health ministry has issued steps to be taken by the public who would once again like to take a break and enjoy some restaurant cooked food to change the palate.
Elderly (above 65 years), pregnant women and children less than 10 and anyone who has co morbidities such as diabetes, cardiovascular disease are advised to exercise caution preferably stay at home.
Key general rules for
- 6 feet distance to be followed
- Face covers/masks are compulsory
- Strict practice of covering the mouth and nose while coughing/sneezing with a tissue/handkerchief/flexed elbow and disposing off used tissues properly
- Self-monitoring of health, reporting any illness
- Spitting shall be strictly prohibited
- Aarogya Setu App use is advised
During visiting restaurants
- Takeaways instead of Dine-In is advised.
- Mandatory hand hygiene (sanitizer dispenser) and thermal screening provisions at entrance.
- You can only be allowed if you are asymptomatic
- Entry only if you are using face cover/masks
- The face cover/masks have to be worn at all times inside the restaurant.
- Valet parking, if available, shall be operational with operating staff wearing face covers/ masks and gloves as appropriate.
- A proper disinfection of steering, door handles, keys, etc. of the vehicles should be taken up.
- Maintaining 6 feet distance on queue for entry and inside the restaurant
- Seating arrangement to be made in such a way that adequate social distancing is maintained.
- Only 50% of seating capacity to be permitted
- Disposable menus are advised to be used
- Instead of cloth napkins, use of good quality disposable paper napkins to be encouraged.
- Number of people in the elevators shall be restricted, duly maintaining social distancing norms
- Use of escalators with one person on alternate steps may be encouraged
- For air-conditioning/ventilation, the temperature setting of all air conditioning devices should be in the range of 24-30oC
- Contactless mode of ordering and digital mode of payment (using e-wallets) advised
- Tables to be sanitized each time customer leaves
Gaming Arcades/Children play areas shall remain closed.